Entombed like a mummy in a blanket of heat.
Nausea pads the coffin.
Unable to remove these reminders of my illness.
It reminds me I am human.
It reminds me I am flesh and bone.
What a shame.
I can't simply kick it off or wear less cloths.
This one shrouds me no matter where I go.
I never get sick!
But apparently I do.
Reminds me I am sometimes weak.
What a shame.
So nauseated!
I wish I could puke, but there is nothing left.
I feel like a little kid.
At the mercy of some unknown bug.
Held captive by a cough.
I want to fight off this cold; all on my own.
I can take him.
3 comments:
Instead of complaining about it, you refuse to give into your cold. It reminded me how one can see illness as a sign of personal weakness, too, as though it were something we could truly control. I like how you end on an empowering note - bring it on!
I enjoy how you touch upon the universal and inescapable theme of illness, and the frustration that inevitably accompanies what is literally experienced by every person on the planet.
Try zinc next time, even if its just placebo... works for me!
sorry:
*it's
Post a Comment