I’m smilin’ at ya but that’s just cause I was raised well.
After many years I finally see you don’t know a damn thing!
And, you’re a dirty crook!
You took my money, and gave me nothin’ for it.
You think I wouldn’t catch on?
The fleets did the same thing to me for 10 years.
I was breakin’ my back and they were fillin’ their pockets.
Well I’m my own man now, and I started my own business
Drive a 2001 Kenworth Tractor Trailer.
You think I wouldn’t catch on?
You might wear a white coat but that’s just a coat.
You might have a pack of little brown-nosers followin’ ya,
But that don’t mean a damn thing.
I tell you my back hurts and you and your pack tell me this bullshit and that bullshit
Take my money, and my back hurts all the same.
You tell the CT scammers to take my money.
Then you tell me to come back, so you can take my money again.
Then you tell me you want to stick a knife in my back.
Well what about Peter? What about Jack? You think that helped them?
Someone tried to sell me a dirty old day-cab once by painting it white
Wearin’ that white coat aint foolin’ me.
4 comments:
I love your poem. It's humorous. It definitely describes some of the skepticism that people have about physicians. I like the part when he says "I'm my own man now and starting my own business." He's definitely saying he knows better than to trust these foolish doctors. Great job.
Insight into the significance of the white coat from personal experience wearing one? Or a criticism of general skepticism from the puplic....or perhaps a very specific experience that made an impact on you.... very interesting piece, I'd like to hear more about it, esp more about the perspective of the thinker/writer
What an angry poem!
"Then you tell me you want to stick a knife in my back" -
the idea of the physician being a "murderer" is not something new, but this imagery really expresses it well.
Great portrayal of how patients feel towards doctors, I can feel the anger this trucker is experiencing toward medical staff in your words
Post a Comment