Fever breaking
Like the hot, unforgiving sun rising over the bone dry desert
The lizard awakens from its long slumber
It is not allowed to hide from the misery
The sun, he leads his people
But many die along the way
The tablets provide shade
Although can they retard progress
The drenched desert
Is there really a Promise Land
beyond the mirage?
3 comments:
I love this title, made the poem read as a narrative spoken by some elusive "N" character.
I like how you portrayed the sometimes brutal nature of illness. Like illness, the Sun has its own course that doesn't necessarily cater to our feelings and needs.
What an interesting light to cast on the effect of NSAIDs... "shade" from the sun.
"Is there a promised Land beyond the mirage?" Whether its there or not, I'm happy that every generation of doctors does tries to advance forward towards a better place.
Very clever poem, loved it.
The tablets provide shade
Although can they retard progress
I like how you related nature with medicine, i.e. a overhanging rock and a NSAID pill.
Post a Comment