Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sonic Warfare


The clock strikes 6 PM
And the troops begin to assemble
They are pouring in
From every direction
And they don’t seem to be stopping

I am easily outnumbered
3,000 to 1
Right in the middle of it all
Surrounded by these blood thirsty men
It’s pitch black,
I can’t even move a muscle,
I might as well be in a coffin

The battlefield is hot and sticky
It’s not a jungle
But I’m drenched,
Beads of sweat rolling down my back
Saturating my uniform

All of a sudden
A Flash!
And Another!
And Another!
It’s a strobe!
It’s a laser!
The frequency is deadly

The troops go wild
Every single one
Screaming their battle cry
This can only get worse

A new group of soldiers appear
Holding these awesome weapons
Using them as if they had been trained for years,
They fire shot after shot
Penetrating my forehead
With sounds
Beautiful sounds

The vibrations begin to build
Enveloping me
Traveling through my boots,
All the way up my body,
And reverberating in my helmet
The hole in my forehead gets wider
And the pressure begins to build

I have to go
I cannot fight anymore
My cause is not worth this pain
My body cannot withstand it

I try to flee
But the soldiers won’t allow it
Impeding my retreat
At every step
I worry I will never escape

I make it through eventually
But this offers little resolve
For like any war,
The wounds outlast the battle

No comments: