“Baggage”
Brown eyes
gaze straight, blue ones gaze back
My hand in
yours, let’s sit and unpack
The baggage
we’ve gained over these years
Separate
we’ve struggled through storms and through tears
We’ll put
them together, mix them and match them
My pains
with your woes, every flotsam and jetsam
But
adventures await, outside the castle
Swiftly
we’ll fly and lightly we’ll travel
To all of
the places, those you have spoken
And heal on
the way, the hurt and the broken
For now
we’ll just sit, for silence is golden
To be with
the one, every day I have chosen.
2 comments:
Hi Nigel!
It is so great to see your poem here! I like the title. The whole poem gives a sense of adventure and travel, but also of preparation and healing...together.
Really terrific job. Thank you for sharing.
We're giving our poetry class a little twist in MCS2 this year, not sure if you've heard, but we're combining it with our Astonished Harvest meetings...the first Monday of every month. If you'd like to join us, we'll be at the Setauket Neighborhood House on Monday, Dec 2 at 5:30pm. You've already got a poem, but because we don't have internet at that location, we're asking people to bring 10 copies to class with them. We would love to see you and hear your poem there, and the second years (there's only 6 of them) would probably REALLY appreciate hearing from someone who's taken the course AND continues to write. Let me know if you can make it on Dec 2, or any other first Monday of the month!
All best wishes, Nigel! Happy Thanksgiving.
Hi Dr. Basile! Thanks for the nice comments. As for the meeting, I cannot make the one in December because I'm on my surgery rotation, but perhaps I'll try to attend a different date.
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!
Post a Comment