Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cloud Gate by Anish Kapoor

A drop of heaven's mirrored mildew
Did land the park of a thousand years

Amongst the concrete wonders of the world
With body of shadow
Sky and
Smiling face
Nature's shape
Mankind's jagged grace


Distinctly alone
In shape and form


But no stranger to the wondrous stares
That steer away most guided strides
This curvaceous beast of mercurial cloud

4 comments:

Maria Basile said...

This is amaaazing!!! (And the pictures of the sculpture are pretty cool, too!) What city is this sculpture? Thank you so much for posting. Enjoy the rest of your break!

Wai Lee 8 said...

thanks, it's in Chicago's Millennium Park. and I just realized we don't have class until next week...

Max said...

Cool poem, I like how you use multiple pictures to go along with the poem... but I still don't know what that thing is, lol. Like, who in Chicago thought, "We NEED that"!, lol. Good poem

amrita said...

this is so cool. it looks like a shiny rbc