I don’t know when I’ll
see you next
I’m bound here
I work here
I learn here
I build and I build
and I build
This ship, but where
is it headed?
I have been made a
promise that
It will find land.
Are there landmarks I
will find when I set sail?
I don’t know when I’ll
find you
Are you along this
path I sail?
How will I come meet
you?
I’m bound here
I work here
I learn here
This sail unfurls
Snapping tightly as it
finds the wind.
Steady and flowing now
Leading me to this
land, elusive land.
Who will be there?
What will I find?
I don’t know.
The seas are restless
Now and again
These words and musing
chase each other round my mind.
Meanwhile I’m on this
methodical path.
They say a straight
line, that A leads to B leads to C
But I see a volatile
sea - from dull waddle to gnashing and pounding
There is silent
uncertainty in every inch of it
Where will this path lead me in 20 years?
Will it resemble what
I chose?
Will I have chosen
right?
When do the pieces of
my life fall into place?
This knowledge I
build, this land I'm promised to
Are companions on my
journey but not my final height
So I wonder and wonder
and keep bobbing forward
No comments:
Post a Comment