Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Will Complacency Find a Home?

Dissembled, unscrewed, denuded
Outcries outline my ties to -
memories upheld by spells

Innocence peeled at an early age
- they didn't know

Bruises, excuses, uses
My gem forms into stone until -
fighting back upheld no slack

Resentment yielded fire at an early hour
- they didn't know

Escaped, raped, reshaped
Struggles retrain my perseverance for -
a moment of hunger

Ambition provides meaning to living
- they didn't know

Humility, acceptance, empowered
Reminiscence feeds my fires, and -
holds doors for whats in store 

Will Complacency find a home? 

I don't know




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your use of three powerful, descriptive words to start each stanza really adds strength to the poem and helps to set the tone, especially at "Humility, acceptance, empowered." Here, the tone changes subtly from frustration to hope.

Arjun Iyer said...

Another really powerful poem with a wonderful rhythm to it. It was like a spoken word with the additional element of structure - LOVED it.
I hope complacency never finds a home with you, because I think your ambition makes you strong.