Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fervor. Fever.

In a flourish of speed, visions, colors

the world is spinning around me,

At times I am spinning within it.

At others, my energy propels its rotation -

hyperactive, hypermetabolic,

my spontaneous conflagration contributes energy,

bouncing molecule at a time

to my environment.

She sucks this vital force from me, and I readily submit.

Eager to be a part of the scene.

So much to do.

Overwhelmed at times,

forced into relaxation briefly, I will return to the ferver.

The fever is infective and I want to be a part of this scene.

1 comment:

Maria Basile said...

Hi Chris

Nice job reading this in class. Thank you also for helping us with some of the more technical and tricky aspects of posting on the blog. I agree with what Katharine said about all the physics words in this piece. It really brought a lot of energy and motion to your description.