When I started, we were real close...
In fact, we were inseperable.
I would always pay attention and do my best to provide you with what you needed...
Taking care of you brought me peace and made me feel whole.
However, something has changed..
I walk the floors with warm intentions but vitals so cold....
While attending to the health of others....i slowly feel my own energy evaporate
from my insides and settle on the inviting soul of another.....
As my day-to-day joy intensifies from seing the sick rise up again....I begin to feel my insides crumble and cry.
Eyes heavy....muscles weak.....mind seeking solitude......my body turns its back on me.
They may say its too late to apologize....but i still want to say im sorry.
I should have been paying attention to you too.....
3 comments:
Darcie,
I love the line where you "feel my own energy evaporate," and your clever, thoughtful use of ellipsis...
turns this almost into a meditation. Nice poem.
oops sorry i deleted my previous post....:-(
just wanted to say that "my body turns its back on me" and "warm intentions but vitals so cold" are both wonderful lines. love the imagery there.
Post a Comment