well yes sir,
it clings to me like a baby clutches at life
sings to me like a mother to baby
haven't you any way to stop it?
ever faithful to me, but can i be faithful to it,
listen for awhile it might just tell me how tell me something
incessant whine, getting lost, cant hear Myself
room grows ever smaller with my head above it all
hard to make out feels nice feels hot feels cold
can I beat it back?
should I even bother?
wave upon wave blasts through me
fuels me, lifts me up to see
how helpless I really am without you.
fever, don't ever leave me.
leave me, don't ever come back.
come back, I don't know care want feel have love
fever, fever 103.
who knows the way to your heart?
4 comments:
Chris, I can really feel the tension between the poem's speaker and the fever that engulfs him but also gives him a strange strength. Like,"what doen't kill me makes me stronger."
I liked your contradictions, born of the confusion one can experience with fever. Very good!
I liked your contradictions, born of the confusion one can experience with fever. Very good!
GJ!!
I really enjoyed the contradiction of come back, immediately followed by i don't care..
I think its sort of universally true
Post a Comment