Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Triolet by Anne Waldman

A perfectly clear liquid like water
flows out of the spine

Last night in the hospital, this is what I saw

I don't know where this fluid sits
& what its design

A perfectly clear liquid like water
flows out of the spine

Does it move from the brain in a line?

The cool doctor draws it out with a straw

A perfectly clear liquid like water
flows out of the spine

Last night in the hospital, this is what I saw.

1 comment:

Maria Basile said...

Thank you for posting this Noah. I forgot to remind you to bring it to remind me to share it with the class last week, but it is a much better example of a Triolet than the one Conrad Geller used. I even found one online that I like better than his, and will post it above. See you Wednesday.